Monday, October 1, 2012

savoring summer

I don't know where the phrase "indian summer" comes from, but apparently we're having one. Rain has been uncharacteristically missing for over a month, and I haven't put away my sandals quite yet.
Looking back, this has been an excellent summer. 
 
I can't believe I forgot to talk about Minus 5 when I recapped my birthday weekend in Vegas. We went into this sweet little ice bar in the Monte Carlo on my birthday - it costs like $37 to go in, but we got three drink coupons and use of a parka, boots and gloves! It was so much fun, everything is made out of ice and it's 14 degrees in there, so the bartender was all bundled up. We could see our breath and we drank out of ice glasses! Brian threw his against one of the ice walls just to watch it break; he's always wanted to do that. The bartender even gave me a free shot out of this ice sculpture.

I'm always making my parents proud! Lastly, I finished summer with another 5K with my sister-in-law. We've got a mud run coming up this next weekend, and from the looks of it, it's more obstacles than running. I'm equal parts nervous and stoked!

5 comments:

  1. You are going to have one hell of a photo album to look back on when you are 80. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I've come to terms with the fact that my blog is basically that - a photo album

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to do an ice bar in Vegas. Totally jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys win! I'm adding ice bar to my bucket list. Maybe 5K, too. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys somehow make late-night fuzzy photos look good.

    ReplyDelete