Sunday, October 7, 2012

another muddy run

We did a military-inspired 5K mud run yesterday with a bunch of friends and our nephew, and I am pretty freaking sore today. There were way more obstacles than there were in the Warrior Dash, and most of them were really repetetive and required the assistance of the Marines they had standing by (it was pretty awesome). We went slowly, as a group, since BFF has a bum knee and shoulder and we didn't want her getting hurt.
My dad was one of the medics on duty, so he kept texting me throughout the morning to keep me updated on the various broken ankles and one compound fracture (they ended up getting rid of that particular obstacle by the time we got started). Overall, we had an awesome time. The weather couldn't have been nicer - despite the calendar saying October, it was sunny and 70 degrees. We crawled through trenches of mud thick as peanut butter, climbed ropes across ravines, hoisted ourselves up over brick walls and waded through a muddy lake. And then we laid down on bales of hay in the beer garden and napped.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, harder obstacles (and more?!) than the Warrior Dash? This sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I'm exhausted just reading this! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. are those striped tights or high knee socks? So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lost me at rope climbing. But it looks like you guys had a striped leg good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting!

    My BFF, sis, and I are running a Run for your Lives thing in three weeks and I am JAZZED!

    ReplyDelete